Who we are
EUFORES was founded in 1995 as an independent non-profit organisation aiming at promoting renewable energy sources and energy efficiency in the European Union.
EUFORES is a European parliamentary network with Members from all major political groups in the European Parliament as well as in the national and regional Parliaments of the EU Member States. Apart from the Members of Parliament, EUFORES is supported by a broad range of non-parliamentary members - renewable energy companies and associations, scientific institutes, energy agencies, NGOs and individuals who are strongly committed to renewable energy. EUFORES is financed by members' contributions, EU grants and private sponsorships.
EUFORES has developed a comprehensive institutional network at EU and national level, and become one of the driving forces in the renewable energy sector. Through close contacts with Members of the European Parliament and national Parliaments as well as key players in the private RES sector, EUFORES serves as a communication platform for exchanging information and expertise, bringing relevant stakeholders together to promote renewable energy sources in the European Union and to transform best practice into coherent renewable energy legislation for Europe.
On a daily basis, EUFORES gathers expertise, advises on policy, disseminates up-to-date information to its members and promotes beneficial legislation (i.e. by several projects) in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
(Please find examples in our project section).
- EUFORES aims to support the development of Renewable Energy in the European Union as key solution for a sustainable development. EUFORES also recognizes the importance of and linking to energy efficiency and therefore allocates parts of its activities to this field.
- EUFORES aims to improve the policies on the European and the national level for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency respectively.
- EUFORES aims to support European and National Parliamentarians in their political work in these fields.
- EUFORES seeks to develop, manage and maintain a network among Parliamentarians in the European Parliament and Parliaments of the EU Member States.
- EUFORES aims to create, manage, maintain and support a strong and active MEP group within the European Parliament.
- EUFORES wants to enhance the European policy cycle and bring in national Parliamentarians into the earlier stages of the cycle (from national implementation to European agenda setting and policy definition)
To download the entire EUFORES Charter (pdf) please click here.